The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), has announced the five finalist teams in the 2020 Construction Management Student Competition. Celebrating its sixth year, the competition had eight schools participate. Based on their written proposals, five finalist teams were selected and will compete on February 5th at the 2020 International Roofing Expo® (IRE) in Dallas, Texas.
- Auburn University, The McWhorter School of Building Science, Auburn, Alabama with Rachel Nemecek (team captain), Samuel Short, Oliver Reinwald, Davis Hambrick and Walker Lott (alternate). Faculty advisor is Lauren Redden. Team Mentor is Kyle Thomas, Thomas Roofing Co. Inc., Mobile, Ala.
- Clemson University (NEW), Clemson, S.C. with Brad Smith (team captain), David Compton, Patrick McLeod (alternate), Hallie Bowers and Hendrix Smith. Faculty advisor is Dr. Dhaval Gajjar. Team mentor is Nicholas Hotze, Guy Roofing Inc., Spartanburg, S.C.
- Colorado State University, Department of Construction Management, Fort Collins, Colo. with Brendan Phelan (team captain), Paul Cheever, Christopher Vargas and Jake Peckham. Faculty advisor is Nick Rubino. Team mentor is Kent Nelson, Front Range Roofing Systems LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Texas A&M University (NEW), College Station, Texas with Tyler Stivers (team captain), Austin Davis (alternate), Erbey Hernandez, Collin Rosser and Kyler Hardison. Faculty advisor is Lance Simms. Team Mentor is Mark Standifer, King of Texas Roofing Company, LP, Grand Prairie, Texas.
- University of Florida, M.E. Rinker, SR. School of Building Construction, Gainesville, Fla. with Tony Centro (team captain), Ricardo Madero, Eric Biggs, Palmer Collins and Collin Galinas (alternate). Faculty advisor is Jim Sullivan. Team Mentor is Rob Springer of Springer-Peterson Roofing + Sheet Metal Inc., Eaton Park, Fla.
Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 | 7:45 am – 11:15 am – Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, TX
NRCA Industry Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Reception
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 | 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas, TX