Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. has revealed the ten finalists in its first annual Beacon of Hope contest, a nationwide contest awarding deserving Veteran homeowners with new roofs. The public can vote for their favorite finalists now through November 1, 2019. Five winners will receive new roofs from Beacon, and five runners-up will receive $1,000 to help complete necessary repairs.
“We received dozens of stories about Veterans facing hardships including financial issues, unemployment, health-related issues and so many more,” said Jamie Samide, Beacon’s vp of marketing. “Beacon of Hope was created to give back to our Veterans who could use some assistance with a basic necessity: a safe place to live. We hope the public is inspired by their stories and will help us in our efforts to provide these Vets with a ‘Beacon of Hope’.”
The Beacon of Hope contest finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- Lori Lee A. – Turner Falls, Massachusetts
- Galen A. – North Port, Florida
- Donald A. – Redford, Michigan
- John B. – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Madison B. – Woodbury, Minnesota
- Betty F. – Suffolk, Virginia
- Robert H. – Bremerton, Washington
- Rodney O. – Plant City, Florida
- Michael S. – Overland Park, Kansas
- Ralph S. – Church Hill, Tennessee
Beacon will announce the winners and runners-up on Veterans Day. To learn more about the Beacon of Hope contest and read the official contest rules, visit http://go.becn.com/beaconofhope.